Women in the Boardroom. Is Hong Kong leading or lagging in Asia?
Although Hong Kong outperforms most countries in Asia in regard to boardroom diversity, it still lags behind many global financial centres. Experts from the corporate arena will discuss how diversity in Hong Kong is evolving, as well as talk about their own experiences as females working in traditionally male-dominated industries. The panel will cover:
In the 12 months since the “comply or explain” requirements were introduced, what impact has this had on board diversity in Hong Kong?
- What are companies doing to promote gender equality on boards in Hong Kong?
- Is enough being done in Hong Kong by companies and regulators?
- What are best practices for diversity on company boards?
- How does the culture of a firm’s leadership shape diversity on its board?
Please join Vivian Lam, partner at Paul Hastings, Su-Mei Thompson, CEO of The Women’s Foundation, Deirdre Lander, Director at OBE Organic and Director - Data, Surveys & Technology Hong Kong At Towers Watson, and Alice Au, Member of the Board Of Spencer Stuart, to discuss these themes and more.
First 15-20 minutes is for networking
Corporate Table for this event (10-11pax)
Hosted by the Women of Influence Committee
- Vivian Lam, Partner, Paul Hastings
- Deirdre Lander, Director, OBE Organic and Director - Data, Surveys & Technology Hong Kong, Towers Watson
- Alice Au, Board Member, Spencer Stuart
- Su-Mei Thompson, CEO, The Women’s Foundation (Moderator)