Boardroom Series for Women Leaders
Hong Kong is a major financial centre with an abundant talent pool of highly qualified women, yet women are still underrepresented in boardrooms, with the latest figure of women on HSI company boards still at 13.8%.
TWF & 30% Club HK Boardroom Series for Women Leaders aims to:
- build the pipeline of board-ready women
- connect highly qualified women to the right people and positions
- provide the skills necessary for the transition to the boardroom
- develop board-specific skills and build your portfolio
- engage in simulated board discussions with Board Chairs, members and nominating committees
- discover alternative pathways to company boards
- network with industry leaders, executive search firms representatives and other board-ready women
- be recognised as a senior leader in your organisation and community
Exclusively for Women to Watch, the Boardroom Series runs from: August - April
Who is organising?
The series is hosted by the 30% Club Hong Kong and The Women's Foundation, with workshops delivered by leading Boardroom Programme experts including facilitators from the Financial Times NED programme.
What does it include?
1. FROM THE C-SUITE TO THE BOARD (30 August 2018)
Objectives: Preparing Board-Ready Women for simulated board discussion, emphasizing the difference between an executive role and non-executive role, including how to "translate" portfolios to make them more board-appropriate. Making more meaningful connections before the Boardroom Lunch, connecting Executive Search Firms with Women to Watch
Format: Presentation from Executive Search Firms & Breakout Group Discussions
Audience: Board-ready women, targeting female executives attending the Boardroom Lunch
2. THE BOARDROOM LUNCH (21 September 2018)
2019 Boardroom Lunch - TBC
Objectives: Bringing together accomplished and aspiring women directors with board chairs and board members of Hong Kong’s leading companies
Format: Simulation of boardroom discussion, guests engage over lunch in a structured exchange of views on the hot topics facing boards today. Each sponsoring organisation can invite four corporate representatives from their Board or C-Suite and select one of the four to facilitate the table discussion. The table will also comprise five Women to Watch, selected by The Women’s Foundation and one representative from an executive search firm or 30% Club VIP.
Audience: Women to Watch, Senior Executives and Board Members from Hong Kong’s leading and local companies, Executive Search Firms
3. THE ALTERNATIVE PATH TO THE BOARD (20 November, 2018)
Objectives: to connect board aspiring and board-ready women to each other, while showcasing alternative paths to boards, and to gain insights on how to get on a board and the challenges and rewards that come with the position.
Format: Panel Discussion from ‘Alternative’ Board Directors, and networking
Audience: Aspiring board directors, NGOs, Women’s Commission, charities, government statutory bodies, HKEX, Chambers, Start-ups
4. BOARD GOVERNANCE FOR THE FUTURE Workshops (Feb-April 2019)
Workshop A – How to Secure a Board Position?
Workshop B – Behaviours that Drive Boardroom Effectiveness
Workshop C – The Legal Side of Being a Director
Objectives: to provide skills and tools to secure a board position; to be an effectively director; and to understand the responsibilities.
Format: Workshops (x3) to be delivered by three Knowledge Partners: FT Non-Executive Director Programme, Meraki Executive Serach & Consulting Limited, and Herbert Smith Freehills.
Audience: Women to Watch, by invitation only.