Boardroom Series for Women Leaders
Hong Kong is a major financial centre with an abundant talent pool of highly qualified women, yet women are still underrepresented in boardrooms, with the latest figure of women on HSI company boards still at 13.5%.
TWF & 30% Club HK Boardroom Series for Women Leaders aims to:
- build the pipeline of board-ready women
- connect highly qualified women to the right people and positions
- provide the skills necessary for the transition to the boardroom
- develop board-specific skills and build your portfolio
- engage in simulated board discussions with Board Chairs, members and nominating committees
- discover alternative pathways to company boards
- network with industry leaders, executive search firms representatives and other board-ready women
- be recognised as a senior leader in your organisation and community
Exclusively for Women to Watch, the second cycle of the Boardroom Series runs from September 2019 - May 2020
Who is organising?
The series is hosted by the 30% Club Hong Kong and The Women's Foundation, with workshops delivered by leading boardroom programme experts including facilitators from the Financial Times NED programme, Meraki Executive Search & Consulting and Herbert Smith Freehills.
What does it include?
1. THE BOARDROOM LUNCH (6 September 2019)
Objectives: Bringing together accomplished and aspiring women directors with board chairs and board members of Hong Kong’s leading companies
Format: Simulation of boardroom discussion, guests engage over lunch in a structured exchange of views on the hot topics facing boards today. Each sponsoring organisation can invite five corporate representatives from their Board or C-Suite and select one of the four to facilitate the table discussion. The table will also comprise four Women to Watch, selected by The Women’s Foundation and one representative from an executive search firm or 30% Club VIP.
Audience: Women to Watch, Senior Executives and Board Members from Hong Kong’s leading and local companies, Executive Search Firms
2. ALTERNATIVE PATHS TO THE BOARD (21 November 2019)
Objectives: Connect board aspiring and board-ready women to each other, while showcasing alternative paths to boards. Gain insights from experienced board members on how to get on a board and the challenges and rewards that come with the position.
Format: Group Discussion with ‘Alternative’ Board Directors, and networking
Audience: Aspiring board directors, NGOs, Women’s Commission, charities, government statutory bodies, HKEX, Chambers, Start-ups
3. DIRECT WITH DIRECTORS (13 February 2019)
Objectives: Connect a target group of Women to Watch with Company Board Directors to further bridge gaps and expand networks.
Format: Fireside chat and discussion circles
Audience: Board-ready Women to Watch, Board Directors
4. BOARDROOM SERIES Workshops (Feb-Apr 2019)
Workshop A: TBC - Led by Meraki Executive Search & Consulting Limited
Workshop B: TBC - Led by FT Non-Executive Director Programme
Workshop C: TBC - Led by Herbert Smith Freehills
Objectives: to provide skills and tools to secure a board position; to be an effectively director; and to understand the responsibilities.
Format: Each workshop will run twice to be delivered by three Knowledge Partners: FT Non-Executive Director Programme, Meraki Executive Serach & Consulting Limited, and Herbert Smith Freehills.
Audience: Women to Watch, by invitation only