Microsoft GirlSpark Camp 2018
About Microsoft GirlSpark
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. Inspiring our next generation in every stage of their growth and development is definitely one of the key ways to achieve this mission.
To address the issue of under-representation of female leaders and talent shortage in the ICT industry, Microsoft organises GirlSpark Camp annually to groom and inspire future female leaders to better understand the diversity of pathways into technology. Since its inception in 2014, the programme has been well-recognised by industry leaders and universities alike and has engaged 230+ female university students, with support from 50+ elite speakers. It’s encouraging to see that nearly 50% of the GirlSpark alumni joined ICT industry upon graduation from the universities.
What’s New in 2018?
Now in its 5th year, Microsoft GirlSpark Camp continues to provide an exciting, hands-on series of activities that enable university women to better understand the diversity of career pathways in ICT industry as well as harnessing the power of technology to spark a better future.
Co-organised by Microsoft Hong Kong, LinkedIn Hong Kong and The Women’s Foundation, the program will provide:
- GirlSpark e-Classroom on the Latest Technologies & Productivity Tools – New & Open for all!
- 4-Day Camp Sparking Innovations & Aspirations (2nd – 5th January 2018)
- Mini-Hackathon for Social Good
- Keynotes, Panel Sharing & Small Talk Circles by Industry Elites
- Opportunity Day with Microsoft, LinkedIn and other leading companies
- Chances to win Job Shadowing / Mentorship Opportunities
About GirlSpark e-Classroom
- Diverse range of online training on the latest technologies and tools for boosting productivity
- All applicants for GirlSpark Camp are required to complete the e-Classroom training prior to submitting an application
- All applicants who successfully complete the e-Classroom training will be awarded a certificate
About GirlSpark Camp
- Date: Jan 2 – 5, 2018 (Tue – Fri)*
- Time: 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Location: Microsoft Hong Kong Office (TBC)
- Language: English
*Attendance is required for all four days
Who Should Join?
Full-time female students currently studying in any degree programme (undergraduate or postgraduate) from all disciplines
How To Apply
After completing the e-clasroom training, apply using this link. Make sure to apply by 5.00pm on November 8.
Email email@example.com or call 2806 2208 (Ms Grace Sze)
To register for this event you will need to log in to your TWF account
If you dont have a TWF account yet, please create one to continue. It only takes a few moments.
Should you have any issues or queries with accounts, please feel free to contact us